Teacher of French - Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College
Terms and Conditions: Full Time/Part Time
Required: September 2021
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to providing the very best outcomes for all of our students. You will be passionate about the role of teaching French. You must be able to teach French across all key stages. The ability to teach another language would be desirable but is not essential.
Applications from new entrants to the profession will be welcomed and excellent support is available for an NQT.
The French and Languages Department provide the opportunity to work within a well-qualified and experienced team to make a real difference to the learning of our young people.
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry with a vision ‘Living life in all its fullness’. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a Coventry based multi-academy trust which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, and putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Why work for us?
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
• A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
• An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
• Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
• A focus on staff well-being and mental health including free counselling for staff, a full time chaplain, a Trust wellbeing group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
• Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of staff
• Employee Benefits programme providing staff access to a range of discounts and shopping vouchers.
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the post, please email mailto:email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 11 May 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Information for candidates
We aim to recruit the very best staff and welcome those from all backgrounds, communities and faiths (including non-faith individuals). We particularly welcome applications from those which are underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and male candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to vetting checks including an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.