Secondary Assistant Head Teacher
3 days left
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Phone: 0121 464 6136
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2021
We are looking for a committed and outstanding Assistant Head teacher with ASD and leadership experience to be part of our team at The Pines working within our Secondary phase of the school. You will have the responsibility for leading the complex provision in the phase. We are looking for a teacher who will inspire and nurture our pupils, and will support our leadership team.
At the Pines we are continuing on an exciting journey, as our provision continues to grow. We are an all age ASC specific school, currently going up to year 10. We are part of the Birmingham Special Schools Cooperative Trust and are a maintained Foundation Special School. We currently have 212 pupils on role, all of whom have an EHCP and a
diagnosis of Autism.
Our vision is to create a safe and happy environment for children to develop life-long communication skills to become valued members of modern day society.
Protect: We endeavour to create an atmosphere where our pupils feel safe.
Inspire: We inspire our children to be the best they can.
Nurture: We nurture our children’s individuality.
Embrace: We celebrate our differences and give everyone a chance. Everyone is precious and included in our school.
Succeed: We celebrate all achievements, no matter how big or small!
We are looking for a committed and outstanding leader with ASC experience in a special school to be part of our team to plan, develop enhance provision. Experience of working with pupils with Autism and significant learning disabilities is essential.
We welcome visits to the school and more information can be found on our Website.
We can offer you:
· a positive and rewarding collaborative working environment within a team of dedicated, experienced and supportive colleagues,
· a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences, coaching and mentoring,
· the support and partnership of highly committed Governors and parents,
· the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
You will offer us:
· your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working within the Secondary phase of education with pupils with ASC and difficulties with communication, social interaction, learning behaviours and sensory differences,
· Experience and excellent pedagogical knowledge of a semi-formal curriculum.
· your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, high expectations and raising standards and the ability to make a real difference to their learning opportunities,
· your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills as a valuable member of the leadership team
· your positive approach to challenge, change and school development.
· The ability to lead and support the teaching and learning in secondary, providing support and guidance to colleagues.
Closing Date: 13 May 2021, 12 midday
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Harpreet Kaur (Senior Office Manager) to book in on the visit dates. Visits will be led by Emma Pearce and visitors will be asked to comply with COVID regulations.
April 30 at 2:15pm
May 4 at 4pm
May 6 at 9:30am
May 10 at 4:30pm
Telephone: 0121 464 6136 or email: email@example.com
Application packs are available through BCC website and also on the school website. You can also email the school requesting an application pack.
Interview Date: Week commencing 17 May 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.