2 x Secondary Teachers
4 days left
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
The Pines School
Phone: 0121 464 6136
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2021
We are looking for a committed and outstanding 2 teachers with ASD and secondary experience to be part of our team at The Pines.
At the Pines we are continuing on an exciting journey, as our provision continues to grow. We are an all age ASC specific school and our secondary department is growing as such. We have recently become part of the Birmingham Special Schools Cooperative Trust and are a maintained Foundation Special School We currently have 212 pupils on role, all of whom have an EHCP.
Our vision is to create a safe and happy environment for children to develop life-long communication skills to become valued members of modern day society.
Protect: We endeavour to create an atmosphere where our pupils feel safe.
Inspire: We inspire our children to be the best they can.
Nurture: We nurture our children’s individuality.
Embrace: We celebrate our differences and give everyone a chance. Everyone is precious and included in our school.
Succeed: We celebrate all achievements, no matter how big or small!
We are looking for a committed and outstanding teacher with ASC experience to be part of our team to plan, develop and enhance our secondary provision as it grows. Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with pupils with
ASC and will have subject specific experience and knowledge in the Arts or Science.
We can offer you:
• a positive and rewarding collaborative working environment within a team of dedicated, experienced and supportive colleagues,
• a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences, coaching and mentoring,
• the support and partnership of highly committed Governors and parents,
• the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
You will offer us:
• your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with Key stage 3 and 4 young people with ASC children with difficulties with communication, social interaction, learning behaviours and sensory differences OR experience of working with pupils with complex learning and cognition
• Experience and excellent pedagogical knowledge of KS3 curriculum – particularly in relation to the Science or English
• your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, high expectations and raising standards and the ability to make a real difference to their learning opportunities,
• your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills as a valuable member of a classroom and whole school team,
• your positive approach to challenge, change and school development.
Closing Date: 14 May 2021, 12 midday
Application packs are available through the BCC website and also on the school website. You can also email the school requesting an application pack.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Harpreet Kaur (Senior Office Manager) to book in on the visit dates. Visits will be led by Alex Lawrence (Deputy head) and visitors will be asked to comply with COVID regulations.
May 5 at 4pm
May 11 at 9:30am
Telephone: 0121 464 6136 or email: email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.