Graduate Management Trainee
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE’S (2 Posts)
SALARY: £23,541 - £27,041.00
24 Months Fixed Term Contract (Starting September 2021)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint graduate management trainees at the West Midlands Pension Fund.
The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds providing, from its base in Wolverhampton, local authority pension benefits for employees across the West Midlands. The Fund manages and administers the pension interests of over 320,000 scheme members, over 700 employers and currently has over £17 billion in assets under management.
We are now seeking up to two highly talented graduates to join the fund on a two-year graduate scheme within our Pension Services area . This will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to develop a career within the West Midlands Pension Fund whilst undertaking a relevant qualification as part of your programme.
- To support the delivery of the WMPF 2022 actuarial valuation results involving assets and liabilities both in excess of £15bn respectively and the provision of individual results to over 740 employers.
- Support the collation, analysis and presentation of key employer metrics in a clear, concise and practical way, on an ad hoc basis or in the form of a project based task.
- To assist with the collation and review of employer covenant information, and discuss related issues and observations with senior colleagues to support covenant the reporting programme, to include consideration of climate change
- To support on the funding and legal aspects relating to employer applications and service contracts, to include the efficient onboarding and exiting of participating employers.
- Assist with the review of Employer funding and security in line with the Funding Strategy Statement
You will be provided with a comprehensive training programme and enrolled onto a qualification linked to the service area.
The successful candidates will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and have the right to work in the UK. If shortlisted you will be required to attend a virtual assessment centre.
For more information or an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Annie Egginton on 01902 551360 or email WMPFrecruitment@wolverhampton.gov.uk
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Job Description and Person Specification