Head of Inclusion / SENDco - Alderbrook School and Arts College
£47735.00 - £52723.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Head of Inclusion
Required for September 2021
Leadership Scale L6 – L10
A rare opportunity has arisen to lead our highly successful Special Needs, Student Development and ARC provision in school. We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic professional who can inspire pupils and provide dynamic leadership for our large team of dedicated and skilled teachers and support assistants.
The applicant should have the appropriate National Award certification, or be willing to work towards gaining this qualification.
We are looking to appoint a senior Middle Leader who:
• has excellent understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and its implementation
• has experience of introducing and implementing appropriate curricula
• uses data effectively to monitor and improve the performance of learners
• has experience of intervening with the most difficult to reach learners
• can work proactively and supportively with parents and carers
• is passionate about developing resilient, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy and passion
• shows strategic thinking and creative problem solving
• is creative and inspirational
• is an excellent communicator
• is highly emotionally literate
We are proud to offer:
• delightful, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• dedicated, talented and highly motivated staff and governors
• a stunning new building, specifically designed to house our ASD Arc (see website for photographs)
• a very successful, ambitious school, determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• a proven track record in the professional development of colleagues
• a mutually strong and supportive team ethos,
• a motivated, energising climate
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
For further details, please find attached our application pack, which can also be downloaded from our website and provides more information on our school. Alternatively, contact Anna Whittington at the school by emailing email@example.com.
Closing date 9am Thursday 13th May 2021.
0121 704 2146
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.