Wren’s Nest Primary School is based in the heart of the Black Country in Central Dudley. It is a successful school with a growing pupil roll of 550 pupils. We are a dynamic and exciting school with a passion for making a difference and improving outcomes and achievement for every child.
We have a skilled team of highly committed and professional teachers and leaders who work hard. However, there is always much to do and we are always reflecting, improving and developing our school.
At Wren’s Nest we try to meet each child’s individual needs and help them to enjoy and flourish in their early experiences of learning. Our learning environment is rich, exciting and motivating and the staff work hard to ensure it meets the needs and interests of all of our children.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and passionate Class Teacher who is committed to working in partnership with the Headteacher and the staff to raise standards and secure the best possible achievements and progress for every child.
The ideal candidate will bring their ideas and experiences to work in Key Stage 2 at Wren’s Nest.
You will need:-
- A proven track record as a good teacher either during teaching practice or as a practising teacher.
- A strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners.
- A good knowledge and familiarity of the skills and knowledge of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- A passion for accurate planning, teaching and assessment of children so that they are able to make the next steps in their learning.
- Ability to talk about the characteristics of effective primary teaching, the learning strategies used to raise pupil attainment and achievement and experience of how these have been implemented.
- Ability to use an interactive whiteboard effectively as a teaching tool.
- Demonstrate a range of strategies for promoting good behaviour and understand strategies for de-escalation of situations with children experiencing difficulties.
- Ability to form positive, appropriate relationships with children which foster mutual respect and build trust.
- To have excellent oral and written communication skills.
This post is open to NQT/Main scale/UPS. If this opportunity interests you then please contact us to find out more, applications from NQTs are welcome. Contact details are on the attached application pack.
We welcome applicants to come and visit Wren’s Nest, our visiting times are 9:30am on Tuesday 4th May or 2pm on Wednesday 5th May 2021.
Wren’s Nest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
References will be sought for the short listed candidates as part of the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
Full details of the job role can be found in the attached Application Pack.
NB We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applicants be received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/