Young Person Advisor
Job Title: Young Person Advisor
Salary: £23,632 - £25,579
Full-Time: 35 hours
We are the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Information Advice and Support Service. We offer a range of support on all SEN matters to children and young people with additional needs and their parents/carers.
The successful applicant will be working directly with young people, offering information and guidance on all SEND matters including transition advice. You will be expected to manage a caseload and develop links with a range of stakeholders, reporting directly to the SENDIASS Operational Manager. Some work with parents/carers will also be required.
• A professional with proven experience of working with children and/or young people with additional needs is required.
• Experience of providing careers/transition advice is desirable.
• By consulting with stakeholders and young people to provide the service they require within the boundaries of the SEN Code of Practice.
• Knowledge of SEND law would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of local opportunities for children/young people will be vital as well engagement of Young People to build a caseload.
• Training and support will be provided to the right candidate.
NVQ level 4 in Advice and Guidance is desirable as is a careers guidance qualification though not essential, but applicants must have proven report writing and recording experience, and considerable experience of working directly with young people and/or children. A proactive approach is vital to this role, as well as innovative and excellent networking skills. The ability to travel across the county is required as well as strong team working skills.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday 11th May 2021,
Proposed Interview Date: Anticipated 20th May 2021,