Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
The Governors are looking to appoint an outstanding Class Teacher who is a dedicated, passionate and highly motivated about making a difference and helping to improve the learning opportunities for our children.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team which is ambitious for the success of all, where children have positive attitudes and a love of learning and where staff are valued and well supported by parents and governors.
Hours: Full time
Salary: Teacher Main Pay Scale (M1 to M6)
Contract: Term time, Fixed Term to Friday 22 July 2022 (Maternity Cover)
Start date: September 2021
We are looking for someone who:
· is passionate about teaching and learning and ensuring every child reaches their potential;
· demonstrate energy and hard work to develop their teaching skills
· is committed to establishing a positive class room experience; promoting high standards and providing effective purposeful feedback to learners
· is a highly effective team player
· enjoys supporting children and strives for excellence and enjoyment
· believes that every child should be given the opportunity to reach their true potential
· is committed to the safety and well-being of all pupils
· has excellent interpersonal, organisation, communication and time management skills
· will adhere to and support whole school policies and practices
· committed to working with parents, governors and the local community
We can offer:
· caring, dedicated and hardworking staff
· happy and motivated pupils who are proud of their school and enjoy learning
· a supportive Governing Board
· a comprehensive training package to ensure all of our pupils needs can be met effectively
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 May 2021 at 4pm
Applications from NQT's are welcome
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been receive.
Visits to school are encouraged and will be organised with Covid-secure measures in place. These can be scheduled by calling the main office on 01384 389888 to arrange a visit.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure check. The Brook Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to Equal Opportunities.
In compliance with Dudley's policy on obtaining employment references, applicants must use their most recent employer as a reference and provide another reference from a previous employer or college. Character references and testimonials are not acceptable. References must cover the complete 3 year period prior to application. Failure to provide suitable references may result in an application being withdrawn.
References are to be collected before interview.
The school has a child protection policy, recruitment/safer recruitment and references policies, has adopted the AMA guidance on Safer Working Practices and complied fully with the DFE's Keeping Children Safe in Education. There is a code of conduct for staff outlined in our Staff Handbook and all staff are expected to apply the highest standards of professional practice at all times.
For further information please contact Mrs Victoria Baker, School Business Manager on 01384 389888
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/