Welfare and Safeguarding Practitioner – The Priory Primary School
3 days left
Welfare and Safeguarding Practitioner Required
Start date: As soon as possible after 1st June 2021.
The Priory Primary School needs to recruit a highly motivated, robust and caring Welfare and Safeguarding Practitioner. This post is being created as a result of our current post holder moving to Scotland.
We are looking for candidates who are ambitious and hardworking but also resolute in the face of adversity. If you are a practitioner who is looking for a position that will provide you with daily challenges but also a rewarding role that will enable you to make positive change for young people - we are the school for you!
The successful applicant will:
• Have a minimum Level 3 Safeguarding qualification as well as extensive training.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience, working with families who have complex social needs.
• Effectively support reluctant families to make positive change and improve attendance for pupils.
• Be knowledgeable in safeguarding practice, systems and procedures; thus able to provide comprehensive safeguarding advice and guidance to staff working in school.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Use ICT effectively to carry out roles and responsibilities
Although the current post holder does not leave until 31st August 2021, we would like to appoint the successful candidate as soon after interview as contractually possible. The purpose of this is to ensure the candidate is successfully inducted into the role and the incumbent post holder can effectively support a smooth transition.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children. This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.
Please contact Mrs Hughes, Safeguarding and Welfare Practitioner, if you require any further information about the role. We actively encourage and welcome visits to our school and I know you will be impressed with what you see. Visiting our school during the working day is essential.
Please contact Lorraine Thompson in the school office on 0121 556 1383 or e-mail: email@example.com to arrange an appointment or request an application pack.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Monday, 17th May 2021 – 12 noon
Interview: Friday 21st May
Please note, if you have not heard from us by Wednesday 19th May, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
37 hours, Term Time plus training days, permanent
Band E £24,982 to £29,577 – Pro rata - Actual Salary £22,291 - £26,619
The Priory Primary School, Dorsett Road, Friar Park, Sandwell, WS10 0JG
Monday 17th May 2021 – 12 noon