Administration Assistant (St Maria Goretti Catholic Academy)
The Academy Committee is seeking to appoint a positive and enthusiastic team player to work with our administration team.
The successful candidate will be expected to engage in the following:
- Promote positive communication in welcoming all visitors to the academy, ensure correct safeguarding checks and signing in procedures.
- Be responsible for maintaining tidiness and organisation of information accessed by visitors in the main entrance seating areas.
- Promote positive relationships and maintain school ethos by assisting school families and visitors through telephone and/or face-to-face reception and administrative duties.
- Be a good team player who can work flexibly, independently, and with initiative.
- Be a people person
- Adaptable to change and flexible
- Be proficient in use of Word and Excel; knowledge of SIMS is preferable.
- Provide a first point of contact for pupils and parents to deal with any enquiries.
- Assist with organising school trips/ events etc.
- To receive, check and distribute deliveries to school.
- Respond to email and telephone enquiries and refer to staff accordingly.
- General administration duties such as updating information systems, filing, photocopying and receiving post and distributing to the relevant member of staff.
Previous experience of working in a busy reception/office environment would be preferable but is not essential.
The successful candidate is assured that we can offer:
- A dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team.
- A fully supportive Governing Body.
- A very positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives.
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and hardworking children.
- There is a commitment to high quality professional development, support, induction and mentoring
Closing date for applications is 06/05/2021
Interview date 10/05/2021
St Maria Goretti Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. CES application forms are available via the school website. www.stmariagoretti.org.uk For further details of this post, please contact Miss N. Kirkham, via email at email@example.com