As a Catholic school we offer our children the opportunity to grow as young people and encourage them to develop a closer relationship with God in an atmosphere of mutual love and respect. Saint Ambrose is a school we are all proud of. Our school is a vibrant, positive place that provides a safe and welcoming environment in which to learn. Our children enjoy coming to school , are motivated by their successes and become confident, reliable young people.
We are recruiting for an EYFS Teacher
Required for September 2021
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th May
Date of Interviews: Monday 10th May
The Local Governing body seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and dedicated teacher with a proven record of good or better teaching. Our successful school has a very strong Catholic ethos and the post would be suitable for both NQT’s and experienced teachers.
Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest.
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
- Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of learning and home-learning.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
The ideal candidate will:
- Put the children first and ensure they are safe and happy, whilst challenging them to achieve the best they possibly can.
- Demonstrate a good ability to meet individual pupil needs by challenging and supporting pupils and responding to the unique needs of all learners, including disadvantaged pupils, high prior attainers, those with English as an additional language and pupils with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Be a practicing Catholic or able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education, who is fully committed to promoting and supporting the Catholic ethos of the school and the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company.
- Have a proven track record of good or better performance as a primary teacher/trainee teacher and use their own initiative to help to make our school even better.
- Be well organised, capable, hardworking, resilient and be a good team member who will work well with others including parents and carers.
We can offer you:
- The support, mentoring and CPD within school to develop in a one form entry school with strong links with other primary schools in the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere with a strong Catholic ethos
- A committed SLT, Staff and Academy Committee
- A friendly and supportive team
- The chance to work with happy children who enjoy learning.
A full application pack is available from our school website www.st-ambrose.sch.life
Phone 01562 823568
We warmly welcome visits to the school. For specific questions about the role and/or to request a visit, please contact Mrs Fish or Miss Downs in the school office on 01562 823568
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/