Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant (mornings)
16.67 Hours per week
Bridgetown Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our friendly, dynamic and thriving school. The successful candidate will work as a general classroom teaching assistant each morning, supporting a KS2 class.
The role is therefore Monday to Friday, 8.40am to 12pm, term time only and is available from September 2021 onwards. You will join an amazing team of staff and will receive great support. Our school is situated on the edge of the historic and cultural town of Stratford-upon-Avon and benefits from many strong community links.
Please see attached selection criteria and job description for further information.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. This post subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent maths and English at Grade C or above required)
- Experience of working within relevant age groups within a learning environment.
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities.
- Able to use basic ICT including computer, audio, video equipment and photocopier.
- Good keyboard skills and knowledge of relevant ICT packages.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- An ability to understand the principles of child development and learning processes
- Ability to relate well to children.
- Ability to relate well to adults.
- Ability to understand roles of parents and carers in pupil learning and demonstrate ability to liaise with them sensitively and effectively.
- Ability to observe, monitor and provide constructive feedback on pupils’ progress.
- Ability to stay calm and be patient and understanding when dealing with children
- To be able to deal with inappropriate behaviour in a calm and non-judgemental way following school guidance.
- Ability to successfully complete first aid training as required.
- Ability and willingness to identify own training needs and participate in training.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please complete the attached application form and return to:
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Please contact the headteacher (Tailby.email@example.com) to make an appointment or to find out further information.
Bridgetown Primary School – 01789 205092
Closing date: Monday 14th May 2021 at 9am
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.