Assistant Headteacher (Birches First School)
Due to the promotion of the previous post holder, Birches First School, part of Codsall Multi Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Assistant Headteacher with a teaching commitment to join our hard working and committed team. You will need to have a record of proven leadership in an area of school development, as you will be supporting the school in driving improvement forward.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning. They will have the qualities, knowledge and skills to lead and inspire staff to ensure excellent standards of teaching throughout the school. It is important for our children to thrive in a school in which they feel safe and valued. At Birches First School, our mission is to ensure that every pupil leaves our school with lifelong skills, a desire to learn, the confidence and skills to cope with new challenges and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in developing pedagogy and the curriculum across the school. They will work closely with the whole staff team to help shape the future direction of the school. Subject responsibilities are to be agreed in accordance to experience and interests.
If you share our values which are embedded in our school motto “Believe, Grow, Succeed” and you have what it takes to undertake this pivotal role, we would be delighted to receive your application.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an exceptional teacher with drive and aspiration
- Is able to inspire and motivate children and staff to strive for excellence and achieve their full potential
- Is committed to setting and modelling high standards in all areas of school life
- Has a proven track record of raising pupil outcomes as a teacher and leader
- Has enthusiasm, integrity and presence as well as excellent communication and organisational skills
- Actively has the wellbeing of children and staff as central to all developments and actions
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of curriculum design and reform, and has a clear vision for how this can successfully be implemented within the school
- Is strongly committed to working closely with Governors, parents and the wider community
- Will champion a sense of pride in our community
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and committed team of staff
- A school with fantastic children who are eager to learnPositive links with families and the local community
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A committed Local Academy Board and Multi Academy Board
- A caring, supportive and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities for networking, training and leadership development activities
Are you the positive, driven Assistant Headteacher we are looking for to join our team?
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. Please do come and meet some of the staff and our children to see for yourself. Contact the school office 01902 297910 to arrange an appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Miss Varricchione, Headteacher, by phoning the school office 01902 297910.
Salary: Leadership Pay Spine L2 –L6 (determined by Board Level)
Visits to the school are encouraged (Covid safe measures will be in place).
Closing Date: Friday 14th May 2021 9am
Shortlisting: Friday 14st May 2021
Successful candidates will be notified for interview on Friday 14th May 2021.