Teacher of English (Kettlebrook Short Stay School)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH: MPS to UPS3 (£25k to £41k) with SEN allowance;
1.0 FTE permanent post. To start from September 2021
Due to internal promotion, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English, who has a clear vision for raising the quality of teaching and the social and academic learning of all our students and their family unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and drive who can help us focus even more clearly upon improving the lives and prospects of each of our students and to further develop our truly student-centred curriculum – where quality English learning can be at the core of our student’s life skills and further education. The postholder will be based at Kettlebrook but duties will be across the Federation. The contract will also be held at Kettlebrook.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- co-coordinating English and rapidly raise our student's speaking and reading abilities;
- developing our curriculum in order to improve suitable outcomes for all our students, especially at GCSE level;
- being responsible for the English curriculum design; to offer all students the opportunity to learn; predominately from KS 3&4;
- leading others by example of outstanding quality of learning and teaching;
- lead by example in effectively using data across the school to challenge expectations and to raise standards of achievement in English etc;
- support the Executive Headteacher and her Management Committee in continuing to move the school forward in all educational aspects of English in today's educational climate and contribute to all other aspects of development of Kettlebrook to become an outstanding Pupil Referral Unit.
Other responsibilities will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. These might include:
- English & STEM workshops / visits to English based venues etc.
- willingness to teach other subjects/areas of interest etc, Cross curricular themed projects;
- Pastoral Welfare of all students.
Kettlebrook is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for the appointment to this post with 2 outstanding references.
Please complete the application form and highlight the areas requested in your letter of application. CVs will not be considered. All completed forms and letter of application should be sent/emailed to Gladys Margerrison email@example.com by the closing date.
ADVERTISEMENT DATES: 30th April 2021
CLOSING DATE: Monday 17th May 2021 at 12 noon
SELECTION PANEL MEETING: Monday, 17th May 2021 at 3pm
INTERVIEW DAY: Friday, 21st May 2021 – it is a one-day interview process including: a tour of the school; chat with the Executive Headteacher; lesson observation; student interviews and formal interview with the interview panel.