Class Teacher – Yew Tree Primary
W: www.yewtreeprimary.co.uk Twitter: @YewTreeSandwell
Required from September 2021 – May 2022 – to cover Maternity leave.
We are looking to appoint an innovative, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join the Yew Tree family. We are a friendly three-form entry primary school with a nursery class. We are looking for a committed teacher, capable of providing high quality teaching, to join a supportive team of staff who passionately believe in providing the best education for our children.
We are looking for an experienced EYFS teacher (MPS or UPS) in order to complement our teaching team at a time of rapid improvement for the school. We are looking for a candidate with experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage to cover a maternity leave at our school. Unfortunately, on this occasion, we are not looking for an first year Early Career Teacher (NQT). We are interested in hearing from individuals with a range of talents, experiences and skills which will offer something unique to our school community. Teaching at Yew Tree is more than a job; It is being a part of our family – our community!
This is an extremely exciting time to join Yew Tree as we moved in to a brand new £7m building in November 2019 and we are now developing areas of our site to enhance provision. Our head teacher took up his position in January 2020 and is looking to build a team of people who passionately believe in our five core values (responsibility, respect, courage, ambition & pride) and our vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all of our children.
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Passionate about education.
• Confident and up-to-date with curriculum & assessment strategies.
• Able to create an exciting learning environment for our pupils.
• Capable of delivering an outstanding quality of teaching.
• Committed to developing every child
• Able to meet the differing needs of children in their class.
• Committed to working closely with the school community.
• Willing to work as part of a team.
• Able to foster and develop a caring ethos.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A supportive environment in which relationships are nurtured.
• A dedicated, friendly and passionate staff.
• A commitment to continued professional development.
• A commitment to high standards and continual improvement.
• Enthusiastic and caring pupils who work hard.
• Modern facilities and extensive grounds to inspire learning
• Flexible working arrangements
Yew Tree Primary School complies with all aspects of the Equality Act and there is an expectation of all staff to also show support the protected characteristics. Any posts are subject to approval of two references and subject to any necessary safeguarding checks.
Due to Covid restrictions, visits in person are limited to those who are shortlisted only. However, candidates are invited to view our website, Twitter feed and the virtual tour of our school which is available at: https://aperture360.s3.amazonaws.com/tours/Yewtree/index.htm
We would also be happy to arrange a phone conversation with a member of the Senior Leadership Team if candidates have any questions. This can be arranged by contacting the school.
Closing date: Thursday 13th May 2021 – 9.00am
Interviews: Friday 21st May
For more information on the role please refer to the Job Description and Employee Specification or contact our School Business Manager, Gareth Preen.
All completed application forms to be sent to HR@yewtree.sandwell.sch.uk
Part Time, 0.5 fte (Wednesday PM, Thursday & Friday), Fixed Term, Maternity cover
Yew Tree Primary School, Birchfield Way, Walsall, WS5 4DX
Thursday 13th May 2021 – 9.00am