Waste Services Transport Manager
Grade 7 £36,922 - £41,881
1 x Full time permanent contract
Applications are invited from suitably experienced Transport Managers to work in the service group delivering the Councils Waste Collection Service.
You will be self-motivated with proven organisation and Leadership skills with the ability to coach and lead staff during periods of large-scale transformation and change.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of Transport compliance and Health and Safety in relation to waste services is essential as is experience of managing a large fleet of vehicles and HGV drivers.
- Have experience of working in a waste collection and disposal environment.
- Hold a current full HGV Class 1 + 2 driving licence.
- Hold a full CPC Road Haulage qualification.
- Have the ability to manage the compliance of multiple vehicles and drivers.
- Have experience of collaborative working with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrate and promote excellent staff management skills.
- Be able to work as part of a management team ensuring excellent standards are achieved at all times.
- Share the Councils commitment towards waste minimisation and improved recycling opportunities.
Closing date: 16th May 2021
Interview date: 19th May 2021
Job Description and Person Specification