Service Support Officer
37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking for an exceptional person to work with us in our Contact Centre as a Service Support officer. We provide a front line service to all our customers across the Solihull area and you will be part of our team helping us to deliver an excellent customer service as well as supporting the team to achieve our key performance targets. You will be delivering training and development to new and existing staff as well as working with all areas of our business in response to service changes and continuous improvements. It’s a challenging but rewarding environment and this role will play a key part in supporting our ongoing service transformation.
In return for your skills and expertise you can expect full support and ongoing training as well as excellent career prospects.
You will have:
- GCSE A-C in English and Mathematics or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The ability to deal tactfully and helpfully with customers including those making complaints.
- Be able to think on your feet and respond positively to feedback and service needs.
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast paced customer service environment
- An excellent understanding & use of IT systems including Microsoft Office (excel, word & power point, etc.)
We also offer:
- Agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Alison Fox, Service Support Team Manager on 0121 717 1557.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Community Housing is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Community Housing is committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk and to promoting their welfare and requires all employees and volunteers share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification