Customer Centre Manager (Repairs Management Centre)
Housing is the landlord for Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council’s owned properties and offers a range of services to both tenants and leaseholders. The department employs an in-house craft team that delivers a range of repairs and maintenance to homes throughout the borough, ensuring that they remain safe, comfortable and energy efficient.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade 12
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service/Call Centre Manager to take responsibility of the Repairs Management Centre, managing a team of call operators who staff all communication channels for people contacting the Housing Maintenance Team. The Repairs Management Centre monitors and responds to all calls into the centre providing a 24/7/365 response.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Depth of experience at a senior level in managing similar call centre operations within a social housing environment
- a proven track record of managing and training call centre operators to manage calls specifically for an in-house repairs and maintenance operation including staff management, quality, performance and rota-ing
- experience and specific knowledge in developing a call centre to comply with the Regulator for Social Housing’s governance requirements
- be technically competent in all aspects of housing repairs and maintenance in order to manage the front end call diagnosis process
- experience and specific knowledge of schedules of rates and vehicle tracking systems
- a proven track record of IT systems specific to call management and operational planning systems and ensuring staff are trained in all new delivery systems.
The successful applicant will also be required to provide out of hours management support (as part of a rota with other managers) for staff working 24/7.
This post is subject to the DBS checking process.
For further information or an informal chat please contact Julie Steventon, Head of Service – Housing Maintenance on 01384 812113 or via email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/