Lead Practitioner - TV05821
Lead Practitioner - Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3 transition.
Date posted: 30 April 2021
Closing date: 9 May 2021
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: Practitioner L4 – L8
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full Time
We are looking to appoint an exceptional practitioner, with extensive Key Stage 2 experience, who is seeking a new challenge in a secondary academy setting. Ensuring that all of our Key Stage 3 students can access our curriculum offer is of the utmost importance. This new venture will allow the successful candidate to help create and deliver a bespoke ‘academic intervention’ programme to a select group of year 7 students who require additional support to make the transition from Key Stage 2. This programme is not a behavioural intervention/isolation programme but an opportunity for selected students to accelerate their learning and return to the mainstream curriculum.
The successful candidate is required to have extensive knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum, particularly Numeracy and Literacy, with the ability to also deliver a range of Humanities content.
As a lead practitioner, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring continuity between the primary and secondary programme of study across the academy. They will also have the opportunity to work with other Lead Practitioners to ensure high quality curriculum delivery and CPD across the academy.
The Streetly Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Paralympic values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our extensive CPD program
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- An innovative, enthusiastic team player who has a passion for teaching and an ability to bring it to life in the classroom
- An individual who can contribute in developing a range of activities and strategies to strengthen teaching and learning across the school
- A practitioner that can support and coach staff in developing and extending their pedagogic repertoire
- A practitioner who can model best practice in ensuring lessons are well differentiated, providing for the least able.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a historic track record of high performance and demonstrate the capacity to share their practice more widely.
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers and the successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please visit our website at www.thestreetlyacademy.co.uk.
Last date for receipt of completed applications 9 May 2021.
Interviews to be held week commencing 17 May 2021.
We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a prohibition from teaching check.