Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Ref: TV05921
Old Church C. E. (C) Primary School
3 x Teaching Assistant Level 2
G4 plus 5 training days
Pro-rata salary £12,423.56 to £13,716.40
Required from September 2021
(28 hours a week term time only)
Temporary positions with the view to making them permanent if the candidate is successful.
Due to an increase in the size of school, the Governors wish to appoint 3 enthusiastic, caring and experienced practitioner preferably with a background of supporting children in Key Stage 2. There may also be some 1:1 posts depending on EHCP Requests coming through.
- To support the learning of all children in the classroom
- The enthusiasm to work with children and support the teachers to help children flourish.
- Able to engage well with pupils and staff
- Able to work under your own initiative
- A good level of Standard English
Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Help teachers with record keeping and assessment
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
- Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
- Give extra help to children with special needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- Be supportive of our Christian ethos of going above and beyond to nurture and care for our children.
What we are looking for:
- A level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with children in Key Stage 2 in schools
- Experience of working with children with SEN
- A good level of maths and English - GCSE C or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills
- A good communicator
- A sense of humour
- A team player
- We can offer you:
- A lovely team to work within a happy school
- Delightful, happy and well behaved children
- Training and career opportunities
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021
Visits to the schools cannot take place due to Covid -19 but we are happy to have a conversation on the telephone to explain the role.
Old Church (C) Primary School is strongly committed to safe working practices and safeguarding children. Applicants will be required to complete pre- employment checks on suitability for working in a school. We also promote equal opportunities for all. An enhanced DSB clearance is required for this position and all qualifications will be verified.