Teacher / Curriculum Lead (Pathways to Employment) Y12 – 14 (Abbey Hill School & College)
4 days left
Teacher / Curriculum Lead (Pathways to Employment) Y12 – 14
Abbey Hill School & College is a successful and over-subscribed special school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Following our continuing expansion governors are seeking to employ a Teacher / Curriculum Lead for this newly created position.
- To support the Department Lead in the effective running of the Department
- To lead in our ‘Pathways to Employment’ and ‘Supported Interns’ curriculum, having responsibility for teaching and learning, curriculum and pupil progress to ensure the best possible outcomes for pupils.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Leadership and Management experience in a school
- Understanding of secondary / post 16 curriculum requirements.
- Proven experience as a classroom practitioner
- Experience of teaching a variety of subjects
- Effective approach to behaviour management
- Applied knowledge and understanding of SEND
- Ability to teach students with ASD, utilising autism-specific approaches to ensure successful outcomes would be desirable
The successful candidate will have
- High professional standards and expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Have the emotional resilience in working with students with challenging behaviours.
In return we can offer you a comprehensive induction, continuing CPD and an opportunity to work alongside our committed and supportive staff.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancy by phone 01782 882882 or by email email@example.com
More information on the school can be found on our website: