An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Receptionist to join part of the Grace family. The Receptionist will be the first point of contact in the school’s main Reception and will be responsible for providing a comprehensive and highly efficient service including dealing with enquires from parents, students and the general public, in person and on the telephone.
The successful candidate will have experience of dealing with a variety of people at different levels. Along with being a confident communicator and having experience of working in a busy office dealing with multi different tasks. Also the individual will have the ability to work calmly in stressful situations and be a friendly approachable person for all staff, students and parents.
We are a welcoming and caring community where our core values of limitless potential, intentional excellence, mutual respect, genuine integrity and amazing grace based on Christian values, run through all we do. It is central to our ethos, day to day curriculum, extra-curricular activities and pastoral structures. Here at Grace Academy we not only focus on the academic excellence of students but also work with students on supporting them to be the best human beings they can be.
We have high expectations for all those involved in the education of children. It is important that all students leaving Grace Academy have the qualifications they need in order to follow the path they have chosen; that students do not limit themselves and that staff and parents support them in raising their expectations and aspirations.
Our Academy is a vibrant and friendly; our students are happy and caring; our staff are experts in their field. Together we work together to make Grace Academy a place where we can all excel.
We pride ourselves on our caring ethos with a strong and genuine focus on staff wellbeing, putting development and wellbeing at the heart of our work. We work hard to look after our pool of talented staff who are encouraged to grow, develop and work collaboratively.
The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
How to apply:
Please read through the information in the pack carefully and please do not hesitate to contact the Academy if you would like to arrange a pre application visit – we strongly welcome this. If you cannot make a visit, then please feel free to phone us to talk about the post.
Visits to the school or an informal confidential discussion with the Office Manager can be arranged with Laura Simmonds at Laurasimmonds@graceacademy.org.uk or on 02476 589 000.
You should ensure that you have completed all sections of the application form. Please submit your letter of application with no more than two A4 sides, plus your application form to Nicole Chapman via email at Nicolechapman@graceacademy.org.uk by Friday 14th May.
To provide a professional and efficient reception service to the Academy and its stakeholders
- To act as first point of contact for students, visitors and telephone callers, providing a courteous, professional and efficient service.
- General administrative duties when required
- Perform reception duties in an efficient manner
- Welcome and sign in visitors using appropriate security procedures
- Deal with queries from staff, students and visitors
- To provide typing, filing, printing, postage, photocopying and general administration duties
- To maintain adequate supplies of stationery and printed materials for by the Academy office.
- To take responsibility for the labelling of staff pigeon holes as appropriate
- To answer calls, professionally and promptly
- To ensure that telephone messages reach the recipient quickly
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Production/maintenance and housekeeping of student/staff ID cards
- Responsibility for the issuing and administration of locker keys
- The handling and cashing up of monies from sales (uniform/cards etc)
- Printing registers for fire evacuations
- Support on parents/open evenings (when required) & any other Academy events
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Office Manager
Note: During Academy Holiday periods a minimum of two members of the admin/reception team to be on duty between the hours of 8.00 am to 4.00 pm. The Office Manager will allocate weeks to be worked in the holidays taking into account employee preferences where possible.
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Good communication skills
- Prioritising and organising skills
- ICT skills (word/excel)
- Prior experience of working within a busy school office