KS4 Teacher Y9 – 11 (Abbey Hill School & College)
2 days left
KS4 Teacher Y9 – 11
Abbey Hill School & College is a successful and over-subscribed special school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Following our continuing expansion our governors are seeking to employ a qualified teacher to work with a class of 12 Year 9 to 11 pupils. This post is a newly created position and an exciting opportunity to help develop the school’s future needs and further development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as a classroom practitioner
- Experience of teaching a variety of subjects
- Effective approach to behaviour management
- Applied knowledge and understanding of SEND
- Ability to teach pupils with ASD, utilising autism-specific approaches to ensure successful outcomes would be desirable
The successful candidate will
- Have high professional standards and expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Have the emotional resilience in working with pupils with challenging behaviours.
The role will involve managing and working within a team of experienced and positive Teaching Assistants.
In return we can offer you a comprehensive induction, continuing CPD and an opportunity to work alongside our committed and supportive staff.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancy by phone 01782 882882 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the school can be found on our website: