School Business Manager
3 days left
30.0 Hours per Week
Stockingford Maintained Nursery School is a 100 place Local Authority Maintained Nursery School. Warwickshire Library and the Children and Family Centre, run by Barnardo’s are situated in the same building.
Stockingford Maintained Nursery School includes provision for 2-3 year-olds in Little Nursery, and for 3-4 year-olds in Big Nursery. The ethos of our Nursery School is distinctive and we believe that every child is unique, with their own interests, learning styles and culture.
The Nursery School maintains overall responsibility for the day to day running of the whole building and therefore close liaison and clear communication with our integrated partners is crucial.
The role of the School Business Manager (SBM) at Stockingford Nursery School is a rich and exciting one with the chance to make a real impact on the lives of the children entrusted into our care. You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and as such you will contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the School.
The SBM will be responsible through the Headteacher to the Governing Body for the development, management and operation of all School support services (financial, HR, legal, ICT, Health & Safety, premises, data management, physical resources & contracts) systems and procedures. In addition, the SBM will be expected to co-ordinate all relevant procedures pertaining to the efficient day to day running of the building.
Due to retirement, we are looking for an SBM to work 30 hrs per week, 52 weeks per year. Annual Leave would be taken during the school holiday period, with 3 non-consecutive weeks to be taken during term time depending on the needs of the business.
We are very proud of our Nursery School, one of only 6 maintained Nursery Schools in Warwickshire, and the unique approach we have to integrated partnership working. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to provide an exceptional business support service to all stakeholders, whilst recognising the ongoing national issues facing funding in the early years.
- have experience of managing a school budget
- have experience of working with SIMS FMS
- have the ability to maintain appropriate financial systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- have experience of working in business management in a school environment and may hold a Diploma in School Business Management
- have robust attention to detail and strong business acumen. Maintains professionalism at all times
- have excellent people management skills
- think critically and creatively and is a natural collaborator
- be highly organised, communicative and personable
- thrive on working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- be highly service orientated, striving to offer a quality experience to all children, parents and staff within the school community and the building
- have a great sense of humour and know when to use it in the face of the changing priorities that are part of school life and the daily running of the building
- be a key player in ensuring the smooth running of all areas of the school and promoting good morale. We expect the SBM to share our aims and ethos and to actively promote the well-being of all
- be a good team player as well as a great team leader
- be proactive, resilient, highly organised and have the drive, determination and commitment to help drive the school forward
- have strong passion and drive for project management with proven skills in this area.
Additional Information & How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete and return the attached Application Form & Equality Details Form by email to :- firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:-
Stockingford Nursery School
St Paul’s Road
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 at 9am
Shortlisting: Thursday 20th May 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 26th May 2021
Applicants successfully selected for interview will be contacted after 21st May 2021.
Start date to be confirmed.
Visits to the nursery are welcome (Covid workplace Risk Assessment is in place) by emailing Sharon Kindred, Headteacher on email@example.com and arranging an appointment.
Stockingford Maintained Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.