Teacher – SEN/Autism (Abbey Hill School & College)
4 days left
Abbey Hill School & College is a successful and over-subscribed school meeting the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Our governors are seeking to employ a suitably experienced and Qualified Teacher to lead a class of 6 – 7 pupils in all curriculum subjects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The ability to teach pupils with ASD, utilising autism-specific approaches to ensure successful outcomes is desirable
- Proven experience as a classroom practitioner
- Experience of teaching a variety of subjects
- Effective approach to behaviour management
- Applied knowledge and understanding of SEND
The successful candidate will
- Have high professional standards and expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
This is a demanding role and the successful candidate will need to have the emotional resilience to deal with the challenging behaviours that communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions can present.
The role will involve managing and working within a team of experienced and positive Teaching Assistants.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancy by phoning 01782 882882 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the school can be found on our website