Assistant Headteacher (Learning and Teaching) - Sir Graham Balfour School
Assistant Headteacher (Learning and Teaching)
Full time, permanent post
Required from September 2021
Sir Graham Balfour Leadership Scale (L12-16)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Assistant Headteacher (learning and teaching) to our school. This is a new post for us, following a recent restructure of our Leadership Group. This post will add capacity to our existing Leadership Group, which will comprise the Headteacher, two Deputy Headteachers, two Assistant Headteachers and our Business Manager. Our existing Leadership Group is small but highly dynamic. We have differing yet complementary skills and we are looking for someone to add significantly to that mix.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form, alongside a letter of not more than two sides of A4, outlining why you applied for this post and what you would bring to our school if appointed.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below). The Headteacher will be offering the following timed sessions for you to sign up to:
- Friday 7th May 9.00 - 10.00am
- Monday 10th May 9.00 - 10.00am
- Wednesday 12th May 9.00 - 10.00am
If none of these are convenient, Mrs McKeen will be happy to show you around at a mutually convenient time.
This will give you the opportunity to ask questions and see the school for yourself.
The closing date for applications is: 1.00pm on Thursday 13th May. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place Friday 14th May and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th May; will include a tour around the school, a variety of tasks, panel interviews with staff, Governors, Trustees and students. Further shortlisting is likely at the end of the first day. On the second day, candidates will deliver a presentation, take questions on it, and end with a final interview.
All the above will be conducted in a Covid-secure atmosphere, ensuring the safety of all participants