Teacher of Geography
M1 - UPS3
Required September 2021
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and innovative Teacher of Geography who is committed to raising the progress and attainment of students of all abilities through outstanding learning and teaching.
We have recently become successful in gaining Behaviour Hub status, demonstrating the exemplary behaviour of our students. We take pride in ourselves for providing a safe and positive environment for Teaching and Learning.
Having secured an Outstanding Section 48 Inspection, on top of our Outstanding Ofsted Inspection in 2017, Saint Augustine’s can give you the platform for fulfilling your own potential.
Join our team of successful, committed and experienced teaching and support staff who have outstanding success with both GCSE and A Level results.
Our key to success:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture. The school supports applications from all faiths or non with 70% of staff currently non Catholic.
- A drive for success for all students
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor and challenge students to achieve their maximum potential.
- High academic achievement levels and expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
- A large and varied, sports, creative arts and music curriculum, which enjoys success both locally, regionally and nationally.
- A focus on student safety and well-being.
- A learning environment which is contemporary, well-equipped and resourced and regularly updated.
- Opportunities to travel, observe different lifestyles, experiences and cultures, take up new activities and sports, participate in local and national competitions and develop high level communication skills.
- Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Comments from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2017
“Headteacher exudes a determination to enable every pupil to achieve his or her potential. Governors, leaders, staff, and pupils all share high expectations for pupil’s achievement and their personal development.”
“A ‘learning culture’ is firmly embedded among pupils. In all subjects, pupils are keen to discuss and debate ideas and approaches. They are eager to find out more, and determined to improve. Not a minute is wasted in lessons, and pupils readily continue their enquiries and endeavours out of class.”
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school, please contact Richard Morris, Head of Department via email
email@example.com or call 01527 550400 to arrange a visit or for further information.
Further details of the school and the vacancy can be found by visiting our website
Completed applications should be addressed to Mr G O’Connor, Principal and emailed to
St Augustine’s Catholic High School, Stonepits Lane, Hunt End, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 5LX
Tel: 01527 550400
Closing date:9.00 am, Monday 10th May 2021