Deputy Head Teacher
Deputy Head Teacher
Salary Range: L5 - L9
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Moseley Church of England Primary School
Moseley And Kings Heath
Telephone Number: 0121 449 0441
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 1st September 2021
Moseley Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational leader who is ambitious, has strong strategic and interpersonal skills and has a track record of improving outcomes for pupils.
We have high expectations for all our pupils and are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who is committed to working with the Headteacher to develop the school further to ensure it offers a broad, balanced and accessible curriculum for all pupils and prepares them well for the next stage in their education. Our new Deputy Headteacher will support the
Headteacher to build on our existing strengths and lead us through the changes that are necessary to help us to continue to develop and deliver a high quality education for all our pupils.
We are a well-resourced school with a history of strong financial management. Our school has dedicated staff and offers a stable, happy and creative environment for pupils characterised by strong positive relationships between staff and pupils. We also have an engaged and supportive parent body. Pupils have the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of
experiences and enrichment activities.
As a Church school, we strongly believe that every child matters to God and we enjoy strong links with our three parish churches with ministers and church staff supporting a wide range of areas across the school’s activities. In our most recent SIAMS inspection in 2019 we were rated as ‘Good’, and since then we have worked hard to further embed the
Christian values and ethos which underpin our community and ensure these are expressed more openly in our daily school life. We hope our new Deputy Headteacher will help us continue this work by supporting the faith journeys of pupils and staff from a wide range of backgrounds.
Applications are invited from innovative leaders who can demonstrate they are:
• Committed to nurturing, enhancing and upholding our inclusive Christian ethos, vision and aims.
• Inspirational leaders with the commitment and ability to ensure the highest possible standards for all pupils.
• Enthusiastic about and experienced in, creative approaches to teaching and learning.
• Able to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils and colleagues.
• Able to form positive relationships with children, colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
• Committed to developing their own expertise, knowledge and skills to enhance their effectiveness as a teacher and a leader.
We can offer you:
• Wonderful, enthusiastic children who love learning.
• A strong, caring and inclusive Christian ethos where all are valued
• A dedicated, caring, supportive and enthusiastic team of staff and Governors.
• An enthusiastic parent community who relish opportunities to support their child’s learning.
• A supportive and involved senior leadership team.
• A wonderful learning environment with well-resourced facilities.
• A strong commitment to supporting ongoing professional development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit to our school please telephone the school office on 0121 449 0441
Closing Date: 14 May 2021 at 12midday
For further details and application form please email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref ES2175, or alternatively, you can download the application pack. Completed applications should be returned via email to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.