Teaching Assistant TA1-Maternity Cover
Variable Hours Contract 12 - 32.50 hours - Commencing 32.50 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm)
Start date: Tuesday 8th June, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant, to cover Maternity leave, at Heronswood Primary and Pre School, the school is part of The Rivers CofE Academy family of schools.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, Teaching Assistant for this exciting new opportunity to work in our Reception Classes.
You will have:
- Previous experience in working in a Reception Class
- Have current knowledge of EYFS curriculum
- Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing environment
- Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with additional needs
- Able to work in the whole class environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative
- Positive and hard working
- Understanding of how children learn and develop
- Understanding to differing children’s needs
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teacher and pupils
- Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher.
- Assisting in offsite visits
- Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
- Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
- Supporting children at lunchtime
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date – Friday 14th May, 2021 at 9.00am
Interview Date – Monday 17th May, 2021
Please note if you have not been contacted by Friday 14th May, 2021 then you have not been successfully shortlisted on this occasion.