Head of School - Cherry Trees School
4 days left
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Cherry Trees Primary School,
Giggetty Lane, Wombourne. WV5 0AX
Salary: Leadership 8-12
Closing Date: 14th May 2021 at midday
Interviews To Be Held: 19th May 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
An inspirational and outward thinking Head of school is sought to work closely with the Executive Headteacher in leading this Special School in an evolving and expanding multi academy trust. Endeavour MAT is offering the right candidate the opportunity to develop and lead high quality teaching and learning, ensuring Cherry Trees’ students receive bespoke support to be the best they can be.
Your strong leadership and management skills will be complemented by your positive approach, ability to take responsibility for challenges and insight into the issues facing our young people.
We have a culture that has a clear vision with ambition and achievement at its heart. We are looking to appoint an outstanding professional who shares our vision and values and will work hard to provide opportunities for lifelong learning, personal development, achievement and enjoyment for staff and students.
Cherry Trees is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices and the successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Recent successful leadership experience in a special or mainstream primary school or academy;
- Proven track record of raising and maintaining standards;
- Resilience and reliability with the motivation and entrepreneurial spirit to drive growth and generate income for the benefit of students;
- Ability to hold staff to account for performance to achieve continuous improvement;
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to network, reflecting on own skills and sharing the good practice of this dynamic organisation.
- Executive Headteacher
- Leadership and Management
- Student attendance
- Management of Safeguarding
- Day to Day running of the school
- Parents’ Voice
- Staffing and timetabling
- Management of Therapies and Therapists
- To deputise in the Executive Headteacher’s absence from school
- To undertake any professional duties of the Executive Headteacher reasonably delegated by them
- SLT lead on the provision and delivery of holistic and multi-disciplinary support to all pupils.
- Support the Executive Headteacher in ensuring that the school’s systems, organisation and processes are well considered, efficient and fit for purpose, upholding the principles of transparency, integrity and probity.
- Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead. To lead and fulfill the duties set out in Appendix 1 (See Job Description Appendix 1)
- Ensure staff receive the necessary statutory and developmental training on all aspects of safeguarding.
- Responsible for attendance of students and strategies/plans to improve attendance, including liaison with external agencies.
- Responsibility for the organisation, implementation and effectiveness of the school’s pastoral system
- The main link between the school and parents, including the Friends Association, student council and voice.
- Educational Visits Coordinator (EVC)
- Liaison with LA on Home/School transport
- Any other issues or responsibilities as may arise or are identified by the school or Executive Headteacher.
Strategic Direction and Development of the School:
- Developing and leading designated developments within the School Development Plan
- To communicate compellingly the school’s vision and drive the strategic leadership, empowering all pupils and staff to excel.
- Actively contribute to Cherry Trees School self-evaluation processes.
- Act as team leader for the teacher appraisal process
- Challenge educational orthodoxies in the best interests of achieving excellence, harnessing the findings of well evidenced research to frame self-regulating and self-improving schools.
- To lead on reporting to governors on school improvement relating to attendance and therapies.
- To ensure governors are fully informed about safeguarding issues relating to the pupils, staff and school environment
- Overseeing the review, management and implementation of the policies relating to the above-named areas of responsibility.
- Attend all relevant meetings that relate to the job description.
Leading & Managing Staff:
- To uphold, promote and role model the aims and values of the organisation.
- To strategically lead Middle Leaders on all aspects of school improvement with regard to pastoral issues, therapies, behaviour (including attendance) and safety.
- Promote a culture of inclusion within the school community where all views are valued and taken into account
- To demonstrate optimistic personal behaviour, positive appropriate relationships and attitudes towards pupils and staff, and towards parents, governors and members of the local community.
- To lead by example - with integrity, creativity, resilience, and clarity
- Hold all staff to account for their professional conduct and practice.
- Provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all pupils and staff, focused on safeguarding pupils and developing their exemplary behaviour in school and in the wider society.
- Organise and support the induction of staff new to the school and those being trained within the school
- Manage the induction process and co-ordinator for NQTs and appropriate recording
Effective Deployment of Staff:
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of teaching and support staff, including overseeing the work of supply staff/trainees/volunteers in the school in the absence of the Executive Headteacher
- Line management of supervisory assistants and management of non-teaching time (breaks and lunch breaks)
Health and Safety Issues:
- To lead on the development and manage risk assessment for students
- To be responsible for Educational Visits and the health and safety related to this
- The deputy named person and for Child Protection and Safeguarding and all related matters in this respect, including the training of staff.
Teaching and Learning:
- To take joint responsibility for curriculum and learning with the Executive Headteacher for developing an exciting and relevant curriculum.
Your application should be emailed for the attention of Mrs Laura Slinn, on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries, please contact the school on 01902 894484
We do hope that you apply and if you do, you need to submit a fully completed application form by the closing date above. Please note that we do not accept CVs and no applications will be accepted after the closing date. Shortlisting will be based on the information contained within your application form only.
Your application should be emailed for the attention of Mrs Laura Slinn to: email@example.com
or post it to:
Mrs Laura Slinn
Cherry Trees Primary School
For further enquiries, please contact the school on 01902 894484 We look forward to receiving your application.