37.0 Hours per Week
Due to team movement and growth within the Financial Operations division, we have an excellent opportunity for two Senior Accountants to join us within our The Resources, Solihull Community Housing (SCH) & Commercial Finance team and our Adults Social Care Finance Team.
The Resources, Solihull Community Housing (SCH) & Commercial Finance Team
The Resources, SCH & Commercial Finance team provide financial support to the Resources Directorate within SMBC and SCH – the Council’s Arms-Length Management Organisation responsible for managing the Council’s housing stock.
This role will work closely with the Finance Manager to manage a small team in supporting the diverse range of services that make up the Resources Directorate for example Income & Awards, Strategic Land, ICT, Property Services and HR as well as providing some support to the Housing Revenue Account. On a day-to-day basis this role will be required to provide financial support directly to the Director of Resources and Deputy Chief Executive.
Adult Social Care Finance Team
The Adult Social Care Finance team support the Adult Care and Support Directorate, whose role is to provide personal and practical support to help people live their lives and maintain their independence, dignity and control.
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic the Directorate has had to adapt and respond rapidly to the changing environment around providing care in order to keep people safe. The legacy of the pandemic will no doubt shape further changes in how Adult Care and Support is delivered for the future.
This role will work closely with the officers in the directorate to ensure that funding is available for services through a range of agencies, including other local authority and NHS partners. On a day to day basis this role will be required to provide financial support directly to the Director for Adult Care & Support.
As Senior Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Deputise for the Finance Manager role.
- Line management responsibility for a number of team members within the wider ASC or E&I finance teams.
- Acting as the Finance Lead in the delivery of specific programmes, service improvement plans and finance led projects, such as Oracle Cloud implementation and Workforce Planning and Visioning.
- Providing financial support to the ACS service or E&I service, liaising extensively with Chief Officers, Heads of Service, members of the Directorate Leadership Team and Budget Holders.
- Leading the production of financial monitoring, forecasting and budgeting information, for both revenue and capital, including work resulting from the impact of COVID-19 on the Directorate finances.
- Involvement in the whole financial cycle process including year-end and budget setting at a detailed Directorate level.
- Helping to deliver a challenging savings, transformation and investment agenda, and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
You will have:
- Current full membership of CCAB or CIMA with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Advanced financial management and accounting skills
- Experience of managing a financial team and working closely with other teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile / remote working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Karen Cranley, Resources, SCH & Commercial Finance Manager on 0121 704 6421 or Mohammed Irfan, Adults Social Care & Support Finance Manager on 0121 704 6804.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete online testing week commencing 24th May 2021. Those successful at this stage will then be invited to interviews on 2nd / 3rd June 2021.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS standard.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification