Apprentice - Business Administration
Dudley Council Apprentices develop professional skills, knowledge and confidence, and an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification through it's Apprenticeship Programme.
An Apprenticeship with Dudley will give you the opportunity to gain 'hands on' experience in the workplace, whilst getting paid. The work you undertake in this 18 month role will support you towards completing a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service:
The Benefits of an Apprenticeship:
- Learning while you work
- Developing practical skills and knowledge
- Gaining job learning from other team members
We can offer:
- Training, development and work experience
- Recognised Level 2 Apprenticeship
- A good support network throughout your Apprenticeship
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Age
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a customer service based role within the Dudley's Centre for Professional Practice at Dudley Council. This Apprenticeship will offer a wide range of experience to the right applicant to use to further their career in reception, customer service, and administrative roles.
This position requires the candidate to support the business support aspects of work within the Dudley's Centre for Professional Practice, which will include:
- Tasks around the management and co-ordination of training bookings.
- Distributing communication within the service.
- The formatting of learning materials.
- Supporting with the maintenance of the Centre for Professional Practice website.
- Telephone and email contact with service users and key stakeholders as part of service evaluation.
Moving forward, this role will expand to include participation networking with young people.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- GCSEs of grade C or above (1 - 4) in 3 subjects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide a high quality customer care service to staff, service users, and others who come in to contact with the service
- Good IT Skills
- Be willing to undertake an Apprenticeship qualification Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check.
Dudley is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and particularly welcome applications from those from under-represented backgrounds, including all those leaving care. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all, a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
For further information or an informal chat, please contact Team Manager, Nisha Patel, on 07507676236, or via email on Nisha.Patel@dudley.gov.uk.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Qualifications / Training
Estimated/actual GCSE Grades “C” or above (1 - 4) in 3 subjects.
Be willing to undertake an Apprenticeship qualification Customer Service Practitioner at Level 2.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. Online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please, contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance - https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Job Description and Person Specification