Classteacher with SEND co-ordinator responsibility
3 days left
Are you passionate about teaching and learning and inclusion? Do you have experience and expertise in inclusion and co-ordinating SEND provision or an interest in qualifying as a SENDCo to lead and co-ordinate provision?
Hateley Heath Primary Academy is looking to appoint an outstanding class teacher either with SENDCo experience (and the appropriate award) or a desire to work towards the SENDCo Award to work in our incredible school from September 2021, leading the co-ordination of the SEND and inclusion provision at Hateley Heath whilst retaining a partial teaching commitment.
As part of Manor Multi Academy Trust, Hateley Heath believes that every child should attend a school that values both personal and academic growth and places great emphasis upon children becoming valued members of the different communities to which they belong.
The right candidate will be an outstanding teacher, with the knowledge, personal qualities and commitment needed to further improve outcomes for all our children and particularly those with SEND and ensure they are motivated, inspired and happy learners. They will have either the relevant SENDCo experience and award, or a willingness to work towards it, coupled with a passion to drive, inspire and support the SEND learners at Hateley.
We can offer:
- Strong support from colleagues and leaders in school
- Quality, regular CPD opportunities – both in school and as part of the MAT
- A happy, hardworking team and a caring school environment
- Funding of the SENDCo Award for the right applicant (who does not currently hold the Award)
- TLR2A for the right applicant already holding the SENDCo Award
We are looking for someone who will
- Be a dedicated practitioner, seeking to improve their own practice
- Have extensive knowledge of SEND and inclusion provision or a passion for SEND and inclusion and a willingness to work towards the SENDCo Award alongside their teaching and SENDCo commitments
- Be an outstanding teacher, establishing positive relationships and delivering consistently high quality provision in school
- Actively take part in wider school life
- Enjoy working as a team and share and collaborate with colleagues
- Be flexible and adapt to the needs of the school and its pupils
Safe, socially distanced visits to school are warmly welcomed – please contact Jayne Blackham or Jess Hill in the school office on 0121 556 0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal applications (on attached application form) addressed to Mrs A Garcha, Hateley Heath Primary Academy, 2 Huntingdon Road, West Bromwich B71 2RP or by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 12 pm 17 May 2021
Shortlisting: 17 May 2021
Interviews: 21 May 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.