Teaching Assistant (St Nicholas CE First School)
Contract Type: Fixed Term until August 31st 2022
Two roles available: Role A - 8:30 - 12pm Mon - Fri, Role B - 12pm - 3:30 pm Mon - Fri
St Nicholas CE (VC) First School is looking to appoint 2 highly effective part time 1:1 Teaching Assistants to join our enthusiastic and hardworking team with effect from September 2021.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children within the primary age range, with an interest and knowledge of EYFS preferable
- Good working knowledge of how children learn and curriculum.
- Effective organisational and communication skills.
- Holds an NVQ3 qualification or equivalent (the successful candidate may not have a NVQ 3 but may have academic qualifications that supersede this)
- An understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act and how to remove barriers to inclusion
- The ability to be adaptable and creative
- Understanding of physical disabilities and medical conditions
- The ability to make learning fun
- A willingness and ability to propel a wheelchair user around the school site with dignity and care
- Commitment to giving the best to every child
- Manual handling training is desirable as this will be a very physical role
- A willingness to provide intimate care and toileting support
- An ability to follow and support Physio/OT programmes and work with medical professionals
- Knowledge of massage and other therapies are desirable
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the school
- Experience in working with parents and pupils to ensure full inclusion in a mainstream setting
- The ability to build good relationships
- A clear passion and love for working with young pupils
Candidates will be required to hold a full and relevant Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or other relevant qualification. It is desirable if any candidates have a degree or other suitable qualifications also.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic at this time there is no opportunity for prospective candidates to visit the school currently. Any applicants may wish to look on the school website. We also have a school virtual tour which can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment processes will be carried out with regard to Covid-19 measures for schools and applicants must wear a mask when visiting the setting please.
Application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing Date 24th May 9am
Interview date: Thurs 10th June
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.