Inclusion Leader (SENDCO) - Yew Tree Primary School
2 days left
W: www.yewtreeprimary.co.uk Twitter: @YewTreeSandwell
Inclusion Leader (SENDCO) Vacancy – (TMS/UPS + TLR 2B) – Required for September 2021
We are looking to appoint an innovative, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join the Yew Tree family in the role of Inclusion Leader (SENDCO). This is a non-class based role but will include some allocated teaching time within the week (for PPA or leadership cover). We are a friendly, three-form entry primary school with a nursery class. We are looking for a committed teacher, with a passion for inclusion, to join a supportive team of staff who passionately believe in providing the best education for our children regardless of any barriers which may exist.
We are looking for experienced teachers (TMS or UPS) in order to complement our teaching team at a time of rapid improvement for the school. Ideally, we would like to appoint a teacher with experience of leading SEND (inc. holding the appropriate qualification) but would also consider applications from teachers with other leadership experience or those who are ready for a promotion. We want to hear from candidates who will offer something unique to our school community. Teaching at Yew Tree is more than a job; It is being a part of our family – our community!
This is an extremely exciting time to join Yew Tree as we moved in to a brand new £7m building in November 2019 and are now developing our extensive site to support children’s learning. Our Head Teacher took up his position in January 2020 and is looking to build a team of people who passionately believe in our five core values (responsibility, respect, courage, ambition & pride) and our vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all of our children.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Passionate about inclusion
- Confident and up-to-date with strategies to support children with SEND
- Has a track record of supporting children with SEND
- Capable of delivering an outstanding quality of teaching
- Committed to developing every child regardless of any barriers
- Able to meet the differing needs of children at our school
- Committed to working closely with wider professionals & the school community to ensure an inclusive environment for all
- Able to work effectively with senior leaders & take on the leadership responsibility for identified staff
- Able to foster and develop a caring ethos
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A supportive environment in which relationships are nurtured
- A dedicated, friendly and passionate staff
- A commitment to continued professional development
- A commitment to high standards and continual improvement
- Enthusiastic and caring pupils who work hard
- Modern facilities and extensive grounds to inspire learning
Yew Tree Primary School complies with all aspects of the Equality Act and there is an expectation of all staff to also show support the protected characteristics. Any posts are subject to approval of two references and subject to any necessary safeguarding checks.
Due to Covid restrictions, visits in person are limited to those who are shortlisted only. However, candidates are invited to view our website, Twitter feed and the virtual tour of our school which is available at: https://aperture360.s3.amazonaws.com/tours/Yewtree/index.htm
We would also be happy to arrange a phone conversation with a member of the Senior Leadership Team if candidates have any questions. This can be arranged by contacting the school
Closing date: Wednesday 12th May 2021 – 9.00am
Interviews: Thursday 20th May 2021
For more information on the role please refer to the Job Description and Employee Specification or contact our School Business Manager, Gareth Preen.
All completed application forms to be sent to HR@yewtree.sandwell.sch.uk.
Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range plus TLR2b
Birchfield Way, Yew Tree Estate, Walsall WS5 4DX
Wednesday 12th May 2021