6 days left
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOL
King Edward VI Camp Hill Schools are selective state schools, and part of the King Edward VI Academy Trust Birmingham. The schools are happy, flourishing and friendly communities as well as outstandingly successful, selective grammar schools. These schools, together with two independent schools, form the King Edward’s Foundation. The schools moved from the inner city to their present location on the former Cartland Estate in 1956. Kings Heath is a pleasant suburb in South Birmingham with easy access to the M42, M40, M5 and M6 motorways, to Stratford and to the Warwickshire/Worcestershire countryside.
The IT tech team support both Camp Hill Boys & Camp Hill Girls schools, across one network infrastructure. Support consists of all technologies that utilise this infrastructure, including Microsoft File & Print Services, VOIP & Biometrics.
Post: IT Technician
Responsible to: Systems and Network Manager
Monitoring and Evaluation
You are immediately responsible to the Systems and Network Manager.
Annual Review Cycle
The job specification is reviewed annually as part of the school’s Appraisal process. The post holder is expected to comply with any reasonable request from members of Senior Management to undertake work of a similar level not specified in this job description.
Candidates are required to complete an application form, which is available from the school and on the school website. The completed application should be sent to the school no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Please do not hesitate to telephone if you require any further information.
We look forward to receiving your application.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Title: IT Technician
To assist in the day-to-day running and support of the Camp Hill Schools’ network and interactive learning equipment, by monitoring and utilising the online helpdesk to ensure issues are addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Liaise with staff, students, and suppliers in order to support the schools’ aims and objectives
- Promote the effective use of IT equipment to staff, students and colleagues
- Assist staff in their understanding and use of IT
- Provide user guidance where appropriate
- Respond to helpdesk queries, ensuring they are managed in line with expectations and escalated as appropriate
- Liaise with and escalate issues to the Network & Systems Manager where required
- Manage IT assets and consumables inventory and corresponding documentation
- Procurement of IT Hardware and Software through building relationships with suppliers
- Raising of orders, management of orders, invoice spreadsheets and other documentation as specified by the Network Manager
- Maintain computer peripheral & AV equipment such as printers, scanners, whiteboards and projectors
- Troubleshoot and maintain a variety of hardware and software
- Remote server and desktop support
- Assist in the support and administration of web based services
- Create, maintain and support the distribution of user accounts
- Install and update software and patches across school devices
- Assist, where appropriate with IT projects
- Carry out such other duties as might reasonably fall within the scope of this role as requested by the Network Manager or Senior Management
- Work interchangeably with other members of the department to share news, resolutions and provide quality of service
- Keep up-to-date with developments in IT and undertake appropriate professional development
- Ensure adherence to the schools’ policies including Health and Safety, Acceptable Use, E-Safety Data Protection etc.
- School provided laptop
- Access to CBT Nuggets
- Potential to work on all aspects of the IT Systems and infrastructure, broadening knowledge and skillset.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Adaptable, willing and flexible
- Conscientious and dependable
- Calm, organised and methodical
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and hard working
- Willingness to learn
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify longer-term improvement to the systems in use.
- English and Maths GCSEs
- College/equivalent IT qualification
- CCNA / Network +
- MSP / MCSA / A+
- HND / IT Degree
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows 10 and Office in a Domain environment.
- Installing and configuring of Windows operating systems
- Experience of finding, diagnosing and resolving faults with hardware and software
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows Server 2019
- Google Apps Administration
- Audio/Visual knowledge
- Palo Alto Firewall
- SMART Board systems
- Managed Wi-Fi
- Biometric systems
- Command Line
- Switch Command Line
- Good understanding of network infrastructure including Subnets/VLAN’s
- Understand and support the use of DNS, DHCP, AD, WDS, MDT, Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, GPO, Antivirus
- A minimum of one years’ experience in an IT support role
- Worked in an education environment
- Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check on offer of job