Alexandra Juniors - Special Educational Needs Support Assistant
7 days left
The New Guild Trust are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and energetic temporary Special Educational Needs Support Assistant to join our committed team from 1st September, 2021. The role will be based at Alexandra Junior School.
The successful candidate will work with teachers as part of a professional team to support teaching and learning for SEN pupils.
Providing specialist assistance to pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, such as those with
moderate, severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and/or behavioural, social, communication, sensory or
The appointed candidate will have:
- Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
- Work with pupils on therapy or care programmes, designed and supervised by a therapist/care professional
- Monitor, assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment, as agreed with the teacher, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher
- Select and adapt appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
- Be involved in planning, organising and implementing individual development plans for pupils (such as Individual educational plans), including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
Attend to pupils’ personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters(Please see job description for the full job role)
Have you got the necessary skills needed to help to lead a friendly, supportive, dedicated and hard-working staff?
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated person with a proven track record of making a difference in a teaching support role?
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday – 30 hours a week
If you are that person, Alexandra Juniors may well be the school for you!
Please call the school office for an application pack, or download a copy from our school website. Following successful shortlisting, Dr Ralf Muller, our Headteacher, and the children, would be proud to show you around.
Closing date: 20/05/2021
Start date: September 2021
Dr R Muller,
Alexandra Junior School
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and we expect all our employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide