Deputy Headteacher (Horton Lodge Special School)
6 days left
Following the promotion of the current Deputy Headteacher, the governors wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to join our successful, positive and welcoming school.
Horton Lodge Community Primary School is a Local Authority Residential Special School for children aged 2-11years with physical disabilities and associated learning difficulties. Our pupils have a range of complex needs including cognitive, physical, sensory, and health related disabilities. Horton Lodge is a small and friendly school with incredibly passionate staff who are constantly striving for the very best for our pupils.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and experienced leader who is passionate about providing the very best education for children with physical disabilities, has knowledge and understanding of the educational and wider outcomes for pupils with physical disabilities and will raise standards and improve outcomes for the children, staff and community of Horton Lodge.
Our new Deputy Head Teacher will:
- Support the Headteacher to shape our future vision and ethos
- Have the leadership qualities to inspire and innovate whole-school curriculum improvement
- Be visible, approachable and flexible
- Be an outstanding teacher and undertake teaching responsibilities as required
- Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the school
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in the strategic direction of the school including Residential Education
- Have a proven track record of curriculum monitoring and improvement with an understanding of personalising the curriculum
- Be a team-player; empathetic and committed with excellent inter-personal skills.
Horton Lodge can offer;
- Joyful and inspiring pupils who are enthusiastic and enjoy their learning
- The opportunity to work in a positive and dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- An opportunity to shape and develop the future of Horton Lodge
- An opportunity to lead on whole-school initiatives
- A CPD package tailored to suit your stage of career development.
Visits to the school are encouraged. This can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01538 306214.
Application packs are available online at WM Jobs or from the school. Further details of the post can be requested by email to email@example.com or by calling the school office on 01538 306214. Your application should consist of an Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and
an accompanying letter (no more than an A4 page) detailing your skills, knowledge, suitability and experience in relation to the job description and person specification.
Applications should be returned to: Sarah Latham, Headteacher, via the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Horton Lodge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; applicants will therefore be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th May 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interview Date: Monday 24th May 2021