Fixed Term Contract - 2021/22 Academic Year
Telford Infant School is a 3 form entry Infant school based in the north of Leamington Spa with approximately 270 children on roll. Ofsted last visited us in November 2018 when the school retained its ‘Good’ judgement. We were thrilled with the many positive comments made by our inspector which included:
‘You place importance on the personal, social and emotional development of pupils as well as their academic success. As a result, pupils are happy to come to school, where they learn and achieve well.’
‘Teachers provide interesting and engaging learning experiences that allow pupils to become resilient learners who work well independently and also collaboratively.’
We are looking to appoint an inspirational class teacher to cover Maternity Leave on a full-time basis commencing on 1st September 2021. It is anticipated that Maternity Cover will cover the 2021/22 academic year.
We are seeking a teacher who:
- Has excellent teaching skills and very high expectations of what children can achieve
- Can make learning exciting and memorable
- Can demonstrate and articulate a clear understanding of how children learn and make progress
- Is well organised
- Has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic children who love learning
- A talented, enthusiastic and supportive staff team (who also love learning!)
- A very supportive governing and parent body
- A truly inclusive school where every member of the school community matters
- Excellent opportunities for your own professional development
Additional Information & How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity we would love to meet you and to show you around our school.
Under our current COVID-19 Risk Assessment, any visits to our school will have to take place at the end of the school day.
Two sessions have been arranged and will take place at the following times:
Monday 10th May 4.30pm
Thursday 13th May 4.00pm
Please contact Miss Viv Lawton in the school office on 01926 425544 if you would like to join us at one of these visits.
- Complete the application form.
- Enclose a statement, of no more than one side of A4, entitled ‘How a cross curricular approach to learning helps children make strong progress’. Please illustrate with recent examples of your practice.
- Also complete and return the enclosed Equal Opportunities Form
- Return these documents to Mrs Siân Oustayiannis, Headteacher, at the address below or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interview date: It is anticipated that interviews will be held in school on Monday 24th May 2021
We regret that we may not be able to contact all candidates, only those who are shortlisted.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.