Lawnswood Campus - The Midpoint Centre
£23,541 - £27,041 (pro rata) Job Ref: LEGO14
Actual Salary £19,004 - £21,830
35 Hours Per Week (Term Time Only)
Required for 1 September 2021
Lawnswood Campus is committed to excellence. We enable learning by providing a rich and meaningful curriculum targeting young peoples' personalised needs. We aim to help our young people overcome social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) in order to manage their behaviour and make considered choices.
We require a passionate and committed Teaching Assistant to work with young people and staff at The Midpoint Centre.
You will be expected to have:
- experience of working with young people with SEMH and particularly challenging behaviour
- a proven track record of good communication and organisation
- a willingness to attend training
- an interest/experience in maintaining motor vehicles
To support the delivery of the Midpoint curriculum and interventions by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for healthy, safe, secure and exciting activities to be carried out by staff and young people. The Teaching Assistant role forms a central part of the work of the Centre and you will work closely with teaching staff to support, develop and further extend the work of the Centre and the experiences of the young people.
Duties and responsibilities:
- to work under the direction and guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision
- to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources
- staff may also supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers. The primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep students on task. Cover Supervisors will need to respond to questions and generally assist young people to undertake set activities.
Lawnswood Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and 2 references from your current or previous employment.
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 11 JUNE, 2021
INTERVIEWS W/C MONDAY 21JUNE, 2021
To apply, visit www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/jobs and email completed application form to Mrs Rachel Bain at firstname.lastname@example.org