Nursery Assistant - Little Stars Day Nursery
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Nursery Assistant who is a fun, energetic, enjoys singing and dancing and is an enthusiastic person. You will work as part of a team, have a good understanding of Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Safeguarding requirements and demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs and Disabilities would be advantageous. Please refer to the person specification and job description for further details.
The successful candidate will need to be creative, hardworking, a team player and have a passion for working with children from 2 – 11 years old. In return, we can offer you a warm, nurturing environment and opportunities to attend further training to enhance your Continuous Professional Development.
The nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.
- To have: NNEB, BTEC, NVQ3, EYE, or equivalent childcare/teaching qualification
- To work as a member of the staff team, working within the company policies and procedures.
- To ensure high standards of care and education
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the children.
- To communicate effectively and professionally with children, parents and staff.
- To have a working knowledge of the EYFS, planning and assessment systems.
- To take an active role ensuring the Safeguarding and Health and Safety of all the children and staff.
To apply, please apply online or contact the Nursery Manager/Deputy Manager email us at email@example.com for an application form.
Please note we do not accept CVs. Please attach a copy of the relevant childcare certificate and supporting evidence to your application. As soon as we receive enough applications, the advert will close.
37 hours per week
Band B SCP 2 to 4 £18,198 - £18,933 per annum pro rata (£9.43 to £9.81 per hour plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021)
Little Stars Day Nursery, Eastwood Road, Great Barr, Birmingham. B43 5RR
Job Description and Person Specification