Act on Energy encourages energy conservation by providing free and impartial advice to householders across the West Midlands. We have been addressing Fuel Poverty and Climate Change for over 20 years supporting households through their energy journey. We are currently working with partners on the decarbonisation agenda. This includes whole house retrofit and how that links to fuel poverty. We are passionate about ensuring that we are providing a person-centred approach to delivery of energy efficiency measures.
An exciting opportunity to join our team at Act on energy, we are now looking to recruit a Project Officer to work within and to support our project team in the delivery of energy efficiency projects and schemes.
Office based at Act on Energy office Near Evesham
£20,799 depending on experience
37.5 Hours per week
25 days holiday per annum – Work Place Pension Scheme
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To assist with the delivery of energy advice and physical interventions schemes for energy efficiency across Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry, Solihull and Birmingham. These schemes include Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Schemes, ECO, ECOflex, Decarbonisation Demonstrator Fund and other Local Authority or funded energy efficiency programmes. These schemes are to support the delivery of the local carbon agenda whilst addressing fuel poverty in our communities and helping those most in need.
Duties and responsibilities
- To assist the project team with the delivery of energy efficiency programmes from inception to completion.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing telephone calls, email enquiries providing a full energy advice service to householders across the regions
- To assist with event planning and attend advice surgeries, public events, conferences, seminars and other awareness raising activities related to energy efficiency and climate change
- To assist the project team with reports for local authorities and BEIS on progress, outcomes, outputs and financial performance of the programmes
- To assist with developing links to local, regional and national stakeholders to ensure that projects and programmes are complementary and that residents receive the most appropriate levels of service
- To promote Act on Energy’s services to both householders and frontline staff of other organisations, including planning, co-ordinating and delivering presentations, events, and training.
- To help maintain information systems and ensure material is updated, collating information from local council, Government departments and other outside agencies.
- To assist with the research and preparation of materials and presentations to appropriately represent Act on Energy at local, regional and national level.
- To support with updating social media and the Act on Energy website when required
- To deal with all correspondence in connection to duties and prepare reports as necessary.
- To attend internal and other meetings as required and represent Act on Energy
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Produce letters, reports, and notices and keep records
- Participate in the operation of the Service and the development of policy and practice.
- Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies and participate in Working Groups Committees etc. as required
- Use IT to produce documents, input data and extract information
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It has been used to draw up the advertisement and will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
You should demonstrate in your CV and Covering letter how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to drive high standards in relation to customer services
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent with an excellent standard of written English
- Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
- Self-management skills, to enable workload organisation, prioritisation, and implementation, with minimum supervision
- Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel
- Full driving licence and car owner
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
- Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
- Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
- A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
- Other IT skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marked for the attention of:
Head of Operations
Act on Energy
Unit 1.4 Lauriston Park