Teaching Support Assistant
The Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Trustees of The Learning Village Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a full time, temporary Teaching Support Assistant (TSA) at Greenways Primary Academy starting 1st September 2021 for two terms to cover a maternity leave post. This post is for 32.5 hours a week.
Greenways Primary Academy can offer:
• a supportive, hard-working team
• a happy and caring environment
• a superb staff who fully support the leadership and management of the academy
• an academy where everyone matters
• supportive trustees, parents and community
Responsibilities of the post:
The Teaching Support Assistant’s main role is to provide activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher, differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils. To assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher and to provide short term cover supervision of lessons if required.
- Experience of working in EYFS or Y1 is desirable
- Be an excellent role model
- Be able to build positive relationships with pupils.
- Believe in a creative approach to learning
- Hold high expectations for all pupils in terms of behaviour and achievement.
- Be committed to working as part of a team
• Experienced in working with children
- Have a good understanding of assessment
• Highly organised & work efficiently
• Have experience in delivering/teaching phonics
- Friendly and a team player
• Works efficiently, is enthusiastic and motivated
• Good communication skills
• Good ICT skills
• Relevant qualifications/experience or training (GCSE Maths and English) Working towards or achieved Level 3 NVQ.
Application packs are from Mrs Samantha Boden at email@example.com, which includes dates and times for visiting the academy.
The Learning Village Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for all applications will be Thursday 17th June at 12noon.
Mrs S Boden
Greenways Primary Academy