Problem and Major Incident Officer
Warwickshire County Council is looking to appoint a Problem and Major Incident Officer with relevant experience to lead and manage the Major Incident and Problem Management function within ICT Services.
Are you calm and collected when dealing with a Major Incident? Do you like getting to the root cause of problems? Do you always put the customer first when handling live production issues? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
The Problem and Major Incident Officer will work across all of ICT Services and will be accountable for the end-to-end management of Major IT Incidents and Problems.
They will be the primary point of contact for communication to all senior business leaders and teams in relation to Major Incidents and will co-ordinate all activity from internal and external service providers throughout investigation and resolution of the incident.
The Problem and Major Incident Officer will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the Major Incident including the post incident activity, ensuring that problem records are raised and that all learnings are identified, mitigating actions are agreed and tracked through to implementation.
Within Problem Management, responsible for proactively identifying and driving problems & improvements across all services and suppliers to:
- Reduce or remove the business impacts from IT outages & incidents
- Reduce the of number incidents raised with the Service Desk
- Improve processes to resolve incidents more efficiently
- Improve customer experience and customer satisfaction when engaging IT
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing the current MIM policy and procedures
- Ensure that Major Incidents are managed in accordance with the MIM policy and procedures
- Business Impact Assessment of the Incident, setting the priority and deciding how the incident will be managed
- Assessment and decisions on supplier resolver groups to be engaged in the Major Incident
- Lead the investigation and resolution of the Major Incident including running Bridge Calls, documenting, and tracking progress and the timeline through to resolution
- Accountable for communication to Senior Business Leaders relating to the MI
- Responsible for the Post Incident Review (PIR) meeting, collating, and assigning actions
- Responsible for tracking the PIR actions and ensuring that they are completed within the agreed timescales
- Produce Weekly and Monthly reporting on Major Incidents, Escalations and PIR action progress for Senior Business Leaders
- Establish, maintain, and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers that provide support services. Work collaboratively with these parties on incidents, optimising their activities and ensuring that they are focused on service restoration.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Incident Management Process to reduce the business impact of IT Service interruption.
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (Azure, On-premise datacentres, LAN/WAN and End User Devices) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as a single point of contact for senior business stakeholders in relation to Major Incidents and Escalations
- Excellent communication skills with non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they understand the impact of Major Incidents and the actions taken to resolve
- Experience of management and maintenance of relationships with suppliers of planned and operational services.
For further details about the role please contact Shamrose Durrani via Tel: 01926 41 2447 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11th June 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not be submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application demonstrates that they meet the criteria for the post. This means the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, people with a disability and people from the LGBT+ Community.