Casual Coroner Support Officer
Job title: Casual Coroner Support Officer
Service: Staffordshire South Coroners Service
Salary: £20,903- £23,541 per annum (pro rata)
Casual up to 60 days per year
Contract type: 2 Posts
About the Coroner’s service
Staffordshire Coroner’s Service investigates the circumstances of all deaths where there is reason to suspect that the cause of death is unknown, is violent or unnatural, or occurred whilst the deceased was in lawful custody.
About our role
The Coroner’s Support Officer is accountable for the provision of an effective and efficient administration service to enable the coroner to fulfil their statutory responsibilities. They will also provide accurate and timely information and appropriate guidance to bereaved people.
The successful candidate will be extremely self-motivated skilled in managing competing workloads and demands and have excellent communication skills.
If you are a team player with a can-do attitude who would like the opportunity to join us and would like more information about the role please contact: Mark Wilson: telephone (01782) 297004 or e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
This position will have access to the Public Sector Network, to meet government security standards we will request a basic criminal convictions certificate and other background checks prior to appointment for the successful candidate
How do I apply?
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 11th June 2021
Mark Wilson: telephone (01782) 297004 or e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.