Term time 12.5 hours per week - working times 11.00am - 13.30pm but times may vary
Bell Hill, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 1LD
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi- award winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all of our menus and we are committed to the wellbeing of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking meals for pupils
- Assisting with all aspects of the service
- Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy, washing up sweeping and mopping
- To assist with setting up of dining room, putting out furniture
- Willing to attend training sessions classroom and online
- To be aware of the pupils needs, dietary and allergen requirements
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Food Safety Level 2
- Working times are Monday - Friday term time
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information
For any informal enquires please contact: Nicola Larcombe – 0121/476/1248 or email: Nicola.email@example.com
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”
Job Description & Person Speck