Personal Welfare Assistant (Lakeside Primary School)
3 days left
VACANCY FOR PERSONAL WELFARE SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Start date: September 2021 (Initially until 21/7/22)
Salary: Grade 2 £18,198 to £18,562 per annum
(pro rata £12,224 - £12,469)
Hours: Fixed term, part time – 28.75 hours per week (term time only)
A position has arisen for a Personal Welfare Support Assistant starting September 2021. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, caring and committed member to our Lakeside team.
The role will be to provide specific support to a teacher in the care and welfare of a given pupil. You will provide work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. You will provide general support to the teacher in the care of pupils and management of the classroom.
Support to student:
- Assist a child in matters of personal needs and in their general health and welfare matters.
- Supervise and support students, ensuring their safety by complying with good Health & Safety practice.
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Support to Teacher:
- Undertake routine administrative tasks e.g. pupil record-keeping as requested.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Appropriate liaison with parents on general pupil matters.
Support to Curriculum:
- Attend training sessions as required for Safeguarding purposes and ensure appropriate skill level is obtained to undertake the role, e.g. behaviour management strategies.
If you are interested in this post, please express an interest to Mrs T. Barker in the school office or Mr N. Probert, Headteacher. A completed application form, together with a personal statement, should be returned to Mrs Barker in hard copy format or by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 16 June 2021 (12 noon)
Interview date: Tuesday, 29 June 2021
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices and this position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.