Job Title: Tutor/ Assessor
Salary: £20,984 - £23,167
Worcestershire County Council's Apprenticeships and Qualifications Team is recruiting. We are seeking a dynamic and committed Tutor/assessor for our Level 3 Team Leader and Level 5 management apprenticeship programmes.
You will need experience of providing a varied programme of delivery in line with the required programme/qualification specifications to offer an integrated programme of learning, training, coaching and assessment on work related programmes to meet the needs of apprentices, learners and the business to the standards set by OFSTED, awarding bodies and end point assessment organisations; and ensuring timely achievement of apprentice/learner goals and qualifications as per Regulating Bodies KPIs.
Delivery of these programmes will be a combination of 121 face to face and remote visits and will also include group teaching and learning sessions.
This is a peripatetic role which will require delivery and assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviours of apprentices/leaners assigned to the role by sector competence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
• Positive engagement with apprentices/learners to deliver quality apprenticeships and learning programmes. Meeting targets set for progression and timely achievement in line with compliance and quality targets.
• Deliver qualifications across a range of awards where occupationally competent in accordance with the Quality Assurance process.
• Effectively maintain a reasonable caseload of apprentices and learners (at agreed and specified levels).
• Adapt training and assessment approaches to ensure apprentices/learners develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours which impact positively for the organisation
• Use electronic portfolio system to record apprentice/learner interventions, reviews, upload work and 20% off the job training.
• Maintain apprentice/learner information, ensuring quality and integrity of data which is accurately recorded and submitted efficiently to meet contractual requirements
• Highlight and where appropriate deal with learner issues and provide focussed learner support and identifying and providing additional learning support where required.
• Take an active part in Team and Standardisation meetings
• Take an active role in preparation toward Ofsted inspections as well as taking part in Inspections as requested – This includes but is not limited to striving to achieve and maintain standards – including maintaining own CPD and maintaining occupational competence in areas of expertise.
This post and grade is currently under review as part of the team restructure.
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or health condition. We’re tapping into this talent pool.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Please write your application with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the person specification.
Application Closing Date: Monday 14th June 2021,
Proposed Interview Date: Thursday 24th June 2021,