Class Teacher (Year 1) Temporary
3 days left
Temporary Class Teacher (Year 1)
3 days per week (working days to be confirmed)
Required for September 2021 Start (Maternity Cover) until 31.12.21
Richard Lee Primary School is a school with a great future!
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a primary school teacher to teach in Year 1 on a part time basis; the role is required to cover maternity leave up until 31 December 2021.
You would be joining an enthusiastic team focused on providing great opportunities for learning for our pupils and strengthening the quality of provision. We have some great CPD planned for outdoor learning and developing our forest school experiences in our woodland spinney.
We are happy to have visitors to the setting although we will need to take precautions at this time. Alternatively, please arrange to have a telephone conversation to find out more.
You will join us at an exciting time as we have a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating from our last inspection in March 2018, we are part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and we are looking forward to exciting developments within the curriculum. The Trust has already seen us benefit from CPD links and positive transition for our year 6 children, many of whom go on to Caludon Castle, one of the secondary schools in the Trust. The Trust prides itself on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career.
Within our wonderful building we have a large sports hall, well-equipped classrooms with break out zones, a music/drama studio, a wonderful woodland spinney with forest school working and a whole school library which was created with over £8000 worth of new books. All year groups have their own iPad resources and access to the ‘Acorn’ interactive room with write-on tables.
We are looking for someone who:-
- Is a highly motivated, innovative and highly effective teacher
- Has an inclusive ethos with children at the heart of teaching and learning
- Has the ability to inspire, and enthuse
- Sets high expectations for all
- Is a reflective practitioner who is keen to learn and develop as a leader.
- Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents, Governors and the community
- Is a team player with a good sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Has a good understanding of the national curriculum.
We can offer:-
- Hard working colleagues and well-trained support staff who are passionate about what they do
- Pupils who are excited about learning new things
- A supportive Trust and local governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
- An updated and exciting ‘Cornerstones’ curriculum with supportive and engaging resources, online hub and opportunities for trips, visits and visitors.
- Sports Coach who provides co-teaching development, supports lunchtime and after school clubs throughout the week and ensures our involvement in wider competitive games.
- A wide range of professional development and collaboration opportunities within our network and beyond.
- A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through the Trust people strategy, and a range of benefits which include the provision of an ipad, the teachers’ pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to developing the use of new technologies to support learning and streamline workload.
If you would like to know more please telephone the school to arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher, Mrs. Carol Brammer.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ or by email from HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Application deadline: 24.05.21 9am
Interview date: TBC
Due to the current coronavirus situations, interviews may be subject to date change. All interviews that do take place will do so in a safe environment observing government guidance under social distancing criteria. Please do continue to submit your application if you are interested in the opportunity. We will maintain contact with all candidates so you are clear of selection process arrangements if you are shortlisted.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.