Public Health Service Lead (Test and Trace)
Public Health Service Lead – Intelligence & Governance (Test & Trace)
£43,662 - £54,574.12 Woodcock Street, Birmingham
Working 36.5.hrs per week; fixed term appointment up to 30th September 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division in a Service Manager role. This is a rare opportunity for a highly skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives. Join us and you won’t just improve life for 1.1 million people, you’ll help Birmingham become one of the world’s most successful, sustainable cities.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This fixed term position will be within the Test & Trace team focusing on Birmingham’s response to ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Test & Trace team will be responsible for delivering the Local Outbreak Management Plan.
The role will provide senior management level and programme management to this high profile team during our emergency response phase. The role will be responsible for ensuring data and report governance and processes requirements are in place and met, for the development of various intelligence products including dashboards & reporting. A key part of this role is to draw on a wealth of data sources to develop intelligence to support decision making in relation to COVID-19. This role requires experience of Power BI (PRODUCING REPORTS).
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who:
- Works to tight deadlines with superb technical ability is a must for this role along with being highly organised and able to work calmly under pressure.
- Is able to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Has demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Public Health priorities.
- Good level of general IT skills and the ability to use appropriate specialist in-house software packages (in particular, experience of PowerBI.
- Develop dashboards working with data analytics tools and other systems to blend data in order to create reports for internal and external use.
- Has substantial experience of working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders in supporting Public Health outcomes, for example elected members.
- Has experience in developing and managing staff through both formal and informal opportunities and ensuring team’s objectives are met.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact:
Dr Julia Duke-MacRae, Consultant in Public Health Public Health Birmingham.
Email Julia.Duke-Macrae@birmingham.gov.ukClosing Date: 27th June 2021
Please note: CVs will not be considered.
When applying, you are strongly advised to pay particular attention to the person specification and job description.
We have one full time position available; informal enquiries are welcomed.
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
Job Description / Person Specification